How to Pick a Reputable Double Glazing Company
One of the most popular types of home improvement carried out by homeowners is the installation of double glazing. This is an improvement that can provide you with many benefits, but in order to reap the rewards of having double glazing you need to ensure that it is properly and professionally installed. Most of us have seen the horror stories on TV where homeowners have ended up with shoddily fitted windows and doors that offer little to no benefit. So, how can you ensure that the double glazing company you choose is a reputable one?
Tips on choosing a reputable provider
There are a number of different factors you need to take into consideration in order to boost your chances of finding a reputable company that will do a great job when it comes to your double glazing. Some of the qualities you should look for include:
- Experience and longevity: Ideally, you should look for a double glazing company that has been in the business for a reasonable amount of time. This means that the company will have a good level of experience and expertise when it comes to double glazing. A company that has been in the business for a long time will most likely have also built up a solid reputation.
- Good customer feedback: While all double glazing companies will tell you what a great job they can do, the best way to clarify this is to get it straight from the horse’s mouth – the horse being a past customer that has already tried and tested the company. Looking at customer reviews and testimonials is a great way of learning more about what to expect in terms of quality and levels of service.
- Security of doors and windows: It is important to remember that your doors and windows play a huge part in the security of your home. You should therefore ensure that the doors and windows supplied by the company meet official security standards as set by the British Standards Institute. Make sure you check any accreditations via documentation.
- FENSA registered company: Look for a company that is FENSA registered, as this can provide you with greater peace of mind with regards to compliance with building regulations. It can also save you the time and cost of registering your door and window installation with local authorities. In addition, it means that the company has been inspected and vetted to meet certain standards and competencies.
- Solid guarantees: You should make sure the company you choose is able to offer a solid guarantee in writing with regards to the work carried out. This means that in the event there is an issue the company is committed to putting it right.
Making sure you get competitive pricing on your windows and doors is also very important. However, make sure you do not compromise on quality or service in order to get the cheapest prices. You should take the cost into consideration but do not focus solely on pricing.
Search our database of national and local double glazing companies to find the right supplier for you.